Who You Creepin'?

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

...top 3 movies of every decade since the 30's...

This list isn't what I think a film major or film history expert would say - it is more what I would take with me if I could only take 3 movies with me. However, I must be clear that the '00's were painful. I couldn't decide on anything. I just choked, really.

one thing I can say is that I think Apocalypto and United 93 were 2 of the best movies of the decade but I don't want to take those with me b/c Gibson is a doofus and United 93 was really tough.

Also, the 80's will probably drive some people nuts.

30’s
1. Duck Soup
2. King Kong
3. Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs

40’s
1. It’s a Wonderful Life
2. Casablanca
3. Yankee Doodle Dandy

50’s
1. Bridge on the River Kwai
2. Rear Window
3. Shane/All About Eve (tied!)

60’s
1. The Graduate
2. To Kill A Mockingbird
3. Psycho

70’s
1. Chinatown
2. Star Wars
3. Annie Hall

80’s
1. Tootsie
2. Batman
3. Joe v. the Volcano

90’s
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. The Sixth Sense
3. Lion King

00’s
1. Almost Famous
2. Mystic River
3. The Royal Tenenbaums

3 comments:

Andrew Keely said...

Would it be weird if I started a blog that only had responses to your blog posts?

Unknown said...

I have been reminded I was wrong about the '00's.
Mystic River is dropping off, and The Dark Knight is #2.

rcscribner said...

similar to united 93, i'd submit Requiem For a Dream as the best movie i'll never watch again.