Who You Creepin'?

Monday, November 29, 2010

...Potter Movies...

I haven't seen the 7th movie yet - and I'm sad it's broken up into 2 parts. I wish we still had the ability to sit through an epic 3-3.5 hour movie like we once did. Movies like Giant, Laurence of Arabia, and Gone With The Wind were partially what they were because they were such an emotional commitment from start to finish...

But that isn't my point, I mostly wanted to just rank how I feel about the Potter movies after rewatching 1-5 in the past week:

1. HP & The Prisoner of Azkaban
2. HP & The Sorcerer's Stone
3. HP & The Order of the Phoenix
4. HP & The Goblet of Fire
5. HP & The Chamber of Secrets

As far as reading experience goes, this is how I rank all 7 (in terms of how much I enjoyed reading them, while reading them:

1. HP & The Sorcerer's Stone
2. HP & The Prisoner of Azkaban
3. HP & The Goblet of Fire
4. HP & The Half Blood Prince
5. HP & The Deathly Hallows
6. HP & The Order of the Phoenix
7. HP & The Chamber of Secrets

2 comments:

Wiseman said...

my rankings for movies 1-5 are the same as yours- i think Half Blood Prince would go either in the 2 or 3 spot, and 7.1 would probably be 4th.

book-wise, my order would be:
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Sorcerer's Stone
4. Half Blood Prince
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Order of the Phoenix

Andy Joynt said...

I thought I was going to own all 7 movies, just like I own all 7 books. But I was so disappointed by Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire that I cannot re-watch them or rank them on a list.

I absolutely love Prisoner of Azkaban. It was magical, suspenseful, and darker than any movie thus far, just like the book. It lifted my hopes for the movie series, but they didn't bring director Alfonso Cuaron back. Huge disappointment.