Who You Creepin'?

Friday, April 15, 2011

...My Mellon Collie...

For anyone who is a Smashing Pumpkins fan, I spent about 3 hours today listening to Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness, and while I have nothing but incredible things to say about the album, I do recognize that making a double album following up the flawless Siamese Dream was a little presumptuous, and I can look back with reasonable judgement and think, "I wish Mellon Collie was a single album."

So, I am making it a single album.  The way I put this in my own brain was, if I was going to tell someone about the Pumpkins for the first time, and after they got comfortable with the insanity of Siamese Dream, I'd then introduce them to Mellon Collie, and this would be the album I wish they had the chance to hear:


1. Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness



2. Thru The Eyes Of Ruby



3. Bullet With Butterfly Wings  



4. Tonight, Tonight 



5. Zero 


6. Galapogos            



7. Muzzle  



8. Here Is No Why



91979 


10. Thirty-Three 



11.  In The Arms of Sleep  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome post duder. without thinking about order of songs, i think you almost nailed the best dozen songs from the album. every time i hear Through the Eyes of Ruby, besides getting quite misty eyed, i also think of you. missed a big one on Porcelina, which i'd sub in for Bullet. Otherwise, those are my favorites too.

Culla said...

Great post. I still listen to this album all the time, and love thinking about it as a single album. The only problem I have is that I think side one is almost a perfect album on it's own... Side two has some great tracks, but side one is unbelievable and has it's own identity.