Who You Creepin'?

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Onramp, day 1

I started Crossfit as part of my new job at work. I am not sure how dedicated I'll be (my motivation is high) or well I'll do (my confidence, after day 1, is low)...but I owe it to myself to give this a shot. I have 3 main goals:
1. Be active more regularly, and in turn, lose weight
2. Lose weight to improve my flexibility and make my golf game better
3. Make my golf game better, make my overall health better, and subsequently get my confidence up.

I won't get into it, but probably all of this has to do with confidence and self-esteem, and a huge part of that for me has always been feeling like I could venture into an athletic arena with people near my age and be as good, if not better, than other people. I have never been the fastest, strongest, best jumper, smartest or anything, but I've always managed to get by. That's important to me, and I'm feeling, outside of golf, that I'm barely getting by anymore.

More detailed goals are to run a sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon this Fall/Winter, lose anywhere from 18-25 pounds, and keep that off for good, and continue to evolve my mental attitude, which physical fitness is only a portion of that solution.

So, I'll always update my times, WOD's and activities here, and every Crossfit post I'll include the link.

Long story short, 24 hours after my first WOD, and i'm bordering on psychotic depression with how weak I feel. I can't do pushups, I thought I could, and I can do them wrong, but I can't do a real pushup. And my arms are toast. I don't know how I'll lift anything tomorrow.  So anyway, here's to a month of on-ramping.

No comments: