Who You Creepin'?

Friday, May 01, 2009

"Some Things Make No Sense."

> That subject is a quote from Mark Jackson of ESPN's broadcast team, speaking about Dwyane Wade's prowess in Game 6 tonight. Jeff Van Gundy said the 2006 4 game run by Wade in the Finals was the greatest 4-game stretch by a player he's ever seen.

How many million people were alive in 1998 in the cities of Chicago and Utah? I'd like to think that many people would disagree and say Jordan may have trumped Wade's performance, but I like Van Gundy's conviction. Wade is good.

> Homerism really is an unfortunate thing. The fact that Chicago has to pretend to like Brad Miller, Boston has to not only stomach, but pretend to enjoy Papelbon's insanely embarrassing antics...that's a really sad thing.

Rajon Rondo, in my opinion, has displayed poor sportsmanship in the last 2 games against the Bulls. By saying that, according to the laws in the world of Homerism, I am apparently willingly burning my "Celtics Fan Club" card, because there is a bylaw in this world that says you can't say anything bad or dislike your own guy. This monster, Homerism, is at the crux of why I don't like baseball anymore, but that Blog post is in the future. I need to sharpen that logic up a bit.

> Here are things I have taken away from each series in the Eastern Conference Playoffs this year:

Boston v. Chicago:
- See Rondo and Miller notes above
- Paul Pierce is a Hall of Famer, I think first ballot.
- I wish Noah was on my team.

Miami v. Atlanta:
- Dwyane Wade is clearly the 3rd most athletic and phenomenal basketball species in the league behind the obvious 2.
- Atlanta just kills me. They are interested in so many other things besides winning games, its so pathetic.

Orlando v. Philadelphia:

- Example #878 this year why you cannot take anything for granted, and every game must be played. The Magic had no business winning game 6, good for them.
- Rashard Lewis' height will never cease to amaze me.
- Andre Miller would have been a great Celtic. Instead, we traded Declerq and the #8 pick overall in 99 (A. Miller) for Vitaly. Puke.

Cleveland v. Detroit
- That's it, everyone. Lebron is winning this year. The whole thing. Shut up if you disagree. Lebron is the next one, he really is.

4 comments:

Mr. E said...

Awesome post, Nick. I haven't seen the "dirty" in Rondo too much... The Brad Miller foul in Game 5 was definitely hard and probably flagrant by rule, but not at all unexpected at that point in the game. I can't imagine that Kirk Heinrich, whom I really like, didn't have anything to do with the skirmish that started in game 6.

Couldn't agree with you more about Pierce, Papelbon, and Andre Miller.

You are a smart guy, ole Shep. I'm glad you are a-bloggin'.

Mr. E said...

Whoops - not "dirty," I meant I haven't seen the poor sportsmanship really. Oh, and I forget how to edit blogs.

Jeff Graham said...

I like the post, a couple thoughts come to my mind:

- I really don't like Brad Miller. He's one of those guys that is always doing something shady, but acting like he isn't and he's the victim... can't stand it.

- I agree that Rondo chucking Heinrich into the scorer's table was poor sportsmanship, but I think that was an exception to how he typically acts

- I also wish Noah was on our team. I think he would be amazing if he had KG as a mentor.

- I completely agree that the Cavs are the best team in the playoffs.

- I can't stand Atlanta. Their coach is awful, their team is ridiculous, and I think Josh Smith is challenging Ricky Davis for the "least intelligent player in the NBA" award

Nick, I'm curious about your thoughts on the Western Conference. Am I crazy to think that the Rockets have a chance in their series? I think the Battier/Artest combo against Kobe is the best defensive option against him in the NBA.

That's all for now.

Justin said...

I just saw this now, but I think you're wrong in saying that Boston pretends to like Papelbon's antics. Most people aren't servants of homerism, but willing participants.