Who You Creepin'?

Saturday, April 04, 2009

5 Golf Goals.

Goal 1: Get 5 lessons this year from someone who knows what they are talking about
Progress: I have signed up for those lessons, I took lesson 1 out of 5 and I have 2 great things to practice, which I am excited to do. As a matter of fact, I'm more excited to practice those things than I am to get out on a golf course. Today, at least.

Goal 2: I don't want to shoot 100 ever again. Starting 4/1/09. Ever.
Progress: I have played 2 rounds since 4/1 and I shot an 82 (par 70) and a 93 (par 71). If I play with a modest level of attention to detail, and follow up on #1, I can do it.

Goal 3: Figure out some consistency with my 3 wood, 5 wood and hybrid off of the tee by the 4th of July.
Progress: I don't know what to do. Off of fairways today I was great with those clubs, very few mistakes and none too costly. However, off of the tee I lost a 3 wood shot, didn't pull out my 5 wood, and I hit my hybrid 35 yards shy of my logical distance.

Goal 4: As an immediate "Summer of '09 Goal", I realistically want to hold myself to no more than 2 holes of 3-putt in a round.
Progress: First, I recognize that you could say, "3-putt twice? WHY?!"...but thats a reality. I sometimes chip the ball onto the green, but i'm still 30 yards away...Sometimes I'm 175 out and I hit a good iron on and I'm still a mile away from the hole. I had too many 3 putts today, and that is irresponsible.

Goal 5: Work on my short game as much as anything else, while at the range or practicing.
Progress: My driver isn't my problem anymore, I don't need to hit it on the range nearly as much as I need to practice everything else.

My opinion is that my handicap, which is at 18.4 now, should decrease on the following line:
April 15: 17.5
May 15: 17
June 15: 16
September 1: 15

Why not have goals, right?

No comments: