Who You Creepin'?

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Training Cont'd.

Went out for my 3.1 mile run again, my goal was to run it in under 28:30, as I am trying to get faster every time. I thought I ran it in 28:02 but I realized that wasn't right, my math was off...I think I ran it in 28:28.

I run a circle, essentially, and I am baffled by a few things, well, one thing. First, I golfed on Sunday with Alison and we were into the wind on 14 of the 18 holes, for real. It makes no sense, the course winds through the woods back and forth, how can that be?

Well, the same for this run today. The first 1/8th of a mile was calm, the next 1.5 miles was straight into the wind, despite the bends and turns. I got about 1/5th of a mile of a tailwind, in which I felt like I could run all day, but that ended quickly and the remainder was into the wind.

I expect 1/2 of my run to be into the wind on a circular run, but I got about about 1/4 mile of relief on the 3.1 mile run. Why?

Wind stinks? Things in the world I wish were gone
1. Glare
2. Wind
3. Traffic

2 comments:

Jeff Graham said...

Nice work on the training dude. Are you going to use fastloop.com to track your mileage? Even though I haven't been using it all that much recently I highly recommend it.

Unknown said...

I didn't ever respond - but I use "mapmyrun", because of its functionality with twitter...