Who You Creepin'?

Monday, April 27, 2009

Music.

I don't listen to new music anymore. I hardly listen to music at all. And it isn't purely new bands that I don't like, its new music by the artists I used to love. I didn't buy Oasis' previous album, yet a handful of years ago I traveled to Ireland to see them. I didn't buy Juliana Hatfield's latest but she is one I consider a favorite, and I would see her live.

Oh, and seeing bands live? I can't even think of 3 I'd go see, even if you offered me a free ticket with free parking. Juliana Hatfield and Fountains of Wayne, I guess?

Lily Allen's music is cool, I like when she releases new stuff. I like Gwen Stefani's solo stuff, but I don't care at all when a new album comes out or anything.

What happened to me? I was daydreaming yesterday about how excited I'd be if Blur released a new album that sounded like Blur in 1997 - then I realized that's the last thing a band would want, and then I convinced myself I don't even want that.

When I was younger, I thought there was an endless black hole of available space for love of new music, but I think my music-bag is actually full and I can't find a way to let anything else in. If I ever have a month (or series of months) like I did when OK Computer came out, I'll be sure to alert the blogosphere.

No comments: