Who You Creepin'?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Treadmill.

Man, I was dreading the treadmill. I didn't want to do it, especially b/c of how nice it was all day, but I managed to get to the Y, and I ran on the treadmill.

The plan was to run for 30 minutes, which is actually what I did. I started out at 6.5 miles per hour, which is basically a 9:30 pace, for 3.1 miles or so. Nothing special. I am going to break down how the run goes:

> Minute 0 - Minute 10:
I hate that part, every run, I really do. The hopeless 'beginning', it absolutley sucks...I just feel slow and that it'll never end
> Minute 10 - Minute 18:
I start to feel like things are just moving along, I don't really feel much of anything during this portion
> Minute 18 - Minute 25:
Today in particular, I realized I didn't push myself and I have a lot left in the tank. My fear of being "empty" is just so great and overwhelming that I think I take it too easy
> Minute 25 - Minute 30:
Lately, I have been trying to push myself at the end of this run. Tonight I went from 6.5 mph to 7.5 for the last 4 minutes or so.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's run and then sunday's BIG BOY, 8 miler!

Workout: 3.2 miles, 30 minutes (treadmill)
Tomorrow, 30 miles, 6.8 for 15 minutes, 7.0 for minutes. around 3.3 miles (hopefully!!!)

2 comments:

Adam HH said...

This weekend is going to be awesome for jogging. Wicked awesome weather guy.

Plus fried dough at the headofthecharles.

Stephen said...

I do this thing when I start on the treadmill by taking really big bounds and going high in the air until I settle it down. Not sure why I do that but it seems to get the run off to a good start.